Welcome to this resource page for organisation members
Some sample downloads below to whet your corporate appetite with some articles by our members, a few by Honorary Member David Clutterbuck.
What organisations probably should know, but often don't....
- Why mentors need supervision
- What every director needs to know about their coaching/mentoring strategy
- A buyers guide to coaching
- Best practice in Supervision
- Quality beyond Quantity
- The Case for Supervision
- Distinguishing Mentor-Coaching and coaching supervision
- Helping supervision go to new places (article)
- Identify & developing talent: David Clutterbuck
- Mentoring for Change - Reinventing Organisations; Triple-Loop Change; Coaching Interventions - Dr Mike Monro Turner
- Five ways to make good managers great coaches - article from Blessing White
- The Top 5 Qualities of an Effective Coach (article from Kogan Page)
- Working globally in organisations as a leadership supervisor by Jackie Arnold
- Getting and Maintaining Senior Sponsorship for Coaching and Mentoring Investment, an extract from Ed Parsloe's 2017 book that helps to get the buy-in and visible support of senior leaders in an organisation
Developing a coaching culture at work:
See Clare Norman's blog on creating a coaching culture:
- http://www.clarenormancoachingassociates.com/creating-a-coaching-culture/ and download the article here.
- http://www.clarenormancoachingassociates.com/coaching-support-employee-experience/ Visit Clare's website for more: http://www.clarenormancoachingassociates.com/
BlessingWhite, a division of GP Strategies, invites you to participate in a short independent study on coaching in the workplace. Are you receiving enough coaching at work? On what topics? With what kind of results?
If you do not manage others, this survey will take less than 3 minutes. If you do manage others, this survey will take less than 5 minutes. Click here to take the survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2015CoachingReport
All responses are anonymous, and all their research is published free on the blessingwhite.com website. Be interested to know the results!
- The Key Importance of Culture in Organisational Change (article from Kogan Page)
- Roffey Park Research Report 2016 into coaching cultures and managers getting coaching at work.
Team Effectiveness and OD
- What Google learned from its quest to build the perfect team - research reveals surprising truths about why some work groups thrive and others falter, by Charles Duhigg: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/28/magazine/what-google-learned-from-its-quest-to-build-the-perfect-team.html
Supporting internal coaches effectively
It's important to continue to support internal coaches long after the initial training has been given, as they will come up against organisational and ethical issues. See Sara Hope's article 'Into Focus'. Sara's research into internal coaches reveals that self-management, self-reflection and their years of coaching experience are key factors in supporting them effectively. She also has a message for sponsors of internal coaching. Download the extract here. If you have any comment about this article do send a blog to: email@example.com
- Top Tips for a Successful Internal Coaching Pool: how to avoid the obvious snags – download the blog here, by Julia Menaul. Got a view on this blog? Do reply to firstname.lastname@example.org Julia Menaul is an Accredited Executive Coach and Supervisor of both Coaches and Supervisors. She is Regional Coordinator for AOCS. Her AOCS profile is here: http://associationofcoachingsupervisors.com/find-a-supervisor-public/view/julia-menaul She can be contacted via: email@example.com or 07973924224
- Chain Reaction - an article by Sarah Gilbert, Michelle Lucas and Eve Turner sharing their peer supervision research, reflecting on their experiences, and raising questions for future debate. First published in Coaching at Work, December 2014.
When is a supervisor not a supervisor? A blog by Michelle Lucas
'Good Enough' supervision - an article by Trish Brady
ROI and coaching:
- ROI is a hot topic, so Worth Learning's blog is worth reading! Some recent research of the value workplace coaching is included in this article. Download the article here. If you have any comments on this blog, please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Climbing case study and article in Coaching at Work (March 2015), featuring our ambassador Jackie Arnold, who has been getting great results with Southern Housing's culture by helping to embed a coaching culture. See the article here: http://www.coaching-at-work.com/2015/02/19/social-climbing/ If you can contribute a case study featuring ROI benefits, do contact Colin Wilson who is building a portfolio of these cases: email@example.com
Talent Development in Coaching & the Implications for Supervision featuring Antoinette Oglethorpe, recorded in March 2015 (click to upload, 60 mins), covering role of coaching in developing future leaders, dangers of organisation-focused talent management, implications for supervision. Antoinette's support slides are here to download.
Listen to her podcast series here: http://goo.gl/gwDyJS
If anyone would like to cite the research report then please do so as follows: Turner, E. and Hawkins P. (2015) ˜Research Report on multi-stakeholder contracting for the AC, EMCC and ICF", via http://www.associationofcoachingsupervisors.com/blog/multi-stakeholder-contracting-research-published/
Henley Coaching Research project to complete and share with your coaches: https://www.henley.ac.uk/executive-education/current-research/
The research is exploring cross cultural differences in coaching practice. It's an online survey which takes around 20 minutes. Supervision and Ethics are just two of the areas which might interest AOCS members. Dr Jonathan Passmore - Centre for Coaching & Behavioural Change, Henley Business School. www.henley.ac.uk
Global Code of Ethics
The European Mentoring and Coaching Council & Association for Coaching, jointly launched the Global Code of Ethics in February 2016. A copy of it can be downloaded here. The Global Code of Ethics demonstrates a willingness to erase some of the confusion apparent in the industry generated by the availability of a range of codes.
Team Coach-Mentoring for Professional Practitioners - see more at: http://www.theocm.co.uk/what-we-offer/team-coach-mentoring-professional-practitioners#sthash.coXNv7CH.dpuf
Organisation Development Conference and Workshop 2017, from The CIPD, on 11th & 12th October. Organisations are moving towards collaborative and dialogic change approaches, recognising their benefit for engagement and long-term business success. This event features practitioner examples of developing and designer OD interventions, embedding cultural change, and overcoming the key barriers to successful transformation. We explore the role of the OD practitioner and the latest trends and approaches. More information at: http://tinyurl.com/k8ukhma
Accredited Supervision Training Providers list 2017 - a helpful, quick guide to qualified courses, by our Learning Director (do send any courses/info we should add) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Supervision training in the USA: If you are interested in finding out about training and accrediting supervisors, especially about our partner's forthcoming CSA accredited supervision programs in the US, contact CSA's US Programme Leaders, Sam Magill and Karyn Prentice. For more information, please email Karyn Prentice at: email@example.com
AOCS current News Update is here to download if you missed it.
AOCS Members Learning Needs in 2016: we survey members needs every so often to check we are either enabling or supplementing their learning needs. Summary of this year's survey is here to download, competed by about a fifth of our membership. The survey showed that members have a wide variety of needs and meet these in many ways.