About the Association of Coaching Supervisors
To add value by exclusively focusing on coaching supervision issues from our mission to actively promote the role of supervision. Our core themes are to Promote, Engage, and Develop our members and the wider community!
We are a group of coach supervisors with the same mission, vision and values. We have a strong desire to raise the profile of coaching supervision, to generate media attention, and support coach supervisors and coaches with both practical and personal benefits. Specifically to:
- Raise the profile of coaching supervisors amongst coaches and buyers of coaching
- Inform and educate coaches and buyers of coaching about coaching supervision
- Promote the value of coaching supervision to coaches and buyers of coaching services
- Encourage all coaches to include coaching supervision as integral to their practise and development
- Encourage buyers of coaching to include active supervision in their criteria when selecting coaches to work with (all are in regular supervision themselves so you can be re-assured of their ongoing CPD and quality)
- Encourage all organisations using coaching skills and/or adopting a learning culture, to employ coaching supervisors to ensure best practise
Personal benefits include
Feeling part of a professional group of like-minded people who feel supported, challenged, informed and part of a developing community, where there is a place to:
- share expertise
- explore and develop ideas
- enhance the respectability and professional recognition of the coaching industry
Practical benefits include
- Access to research
- Latest trends debated e.g. your views on accreditation
- Forums to meet like-minded coaches and coach supervisors
- Collective voice adding power to supervision
- Providing direction
- Cost savings - we aim to bring you relevant benefits at a reduced cost
- Writing articles and blogs
- Webinars/podcasts/videos on supervision in practice
Our focus and remit
Our core themes are to Promote, Engage, and Develop our members and the wider community!
We want to be professional and independent, yet aligned with other professional associations such as AC, ICF, EMCC, APECs, as the main body representing supervision. We don't want to replicate their current activities or to compete with them, but to partner and compliment their work. We have formed alliances and working partnerships with most of the bodies above.
AOCS can act as a voice for supervision within the coaching community and the wider business community, giving balanced views that are not totally black and white.
The association is objective, independent, with a wide exposure, offering different functions benefiting a variety of sectors.
We will share our collective wisdom, experience and knowledge for the benefit of our members and non-members.
We want to be professional, supportive, education-focused and respected as an association offering coach supervisors a place to reflect, improve and find great options for their supervisees.
We also want to offer organisations a choice of professional and experienced coach supervisors.
We focus the association to be:
- Professional and effective
- Supportive, caring and helpful
- Interested and interesting
- Open to professionals and diverse
- Flexible, responsive and alert to trends
- Leaders in this field
- Developing best practice
- Enhancing ethics and standards
We have an active rosta of Honorary Members and Advisers who inform and guide us, some at annual Strategy Group meetings where we review progress, anticipate trends in coaching and supervision, and plan for the future. Our Board Members focus on governance and on achieving our annual plans and strategy.